Masia Notari is set in a semi-rural location offering guests a haven of peace and solitude and yet it’s still only a 10-minute drive to Sitges and 5 minutes to Vilanova i la Geltru, both of which have beautiful sandy beaches and an abundance of restaurants, bars and shops to enjoy. The cosmopolitan city of Barcelona is just 45 minutes by car.
The surrounding area offers plenty of opportunities to experience the local culture with many small wineries and villages to explore nearby. The beautiful Garraf Natural Park surrounding the house has hundreds of kilometers of hiking and mountain bike trails.
All this considered, Masia Notari really does offer the perfect location for a family holiday or a group of friends spending time together, as well as a venue for corporate events, celebrations and retreats.
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS
There are 25 luxurious bedrooms and 21 bathrooms, located in different areas throughout the Masia.
– There are 10 air-conditioned bedrooms (4 doubles/6 twins) located on the ground floor with direct access to the patio/pool/terrace area.
– The room numbers go from 1-10, all have their own en-suite bathrooms except rooms 4+5 (bathroom shared).
– In the building called “La Torre”, there are a further 15 bedrooms, located on the first and second floors.
– On the first floor there are 9 ensuite bedrooms (4 doubles/4 twins/1 single)
– In section 1, you will find room numbers 12,14,15 and 16.
– All rooms, except no. 16, air-conditioning.
– Room 16 has ceiling fans.
– In Section 2 room numbers 17-21 are located.
– Rooms 17-21 share a common living area with sofas and seating facilities.
– All rooms have ceiling fans and heating.
– On the second floor there are 3 bedrooms (1 double/2 twins) in one section (room numbers 22,23 and 24) that all share one bathroom. These rooms have heating as well as portable fans.
– Opposite is the beautiful “Arched Room”, an historic 80m2 living space that leads you into rooms 25, 26 and 27 (1 double/2 twins)
– 25 and 26 share a bathroom, 27 has its own.
– All 3 rooms have heating as well as portable fans.
– The house can be opened up according to the number of guests and their different needs.
Masia Notari offers 450 sqm of inside living space, which has been thoughtfully and carefully restored by the current owners using only the very best natural materials. The original features of the farmhouse, such as exposed wooden beams and old stone walls, have been retained and cleverly blended together with newer enhancements and traditional furnishings, so that the original character of the old farmhouse is preserved but without compromising on modern standards of guest convenience and comfort.
The estate is comprised of three houses and, depending on the requirements of the group, each house is offered accordingly. All the houses are clustered around the central communal area with the fantastic 16m x 4m private swimming pool as its centrepiece.
The communal areas include:
– Three spacious living rooms with comfortable sofas, armchairs and coffee tables.
– Large fully equipped kitchen that is suitable for large group catering.
– Extensive gardens with different chill-out areas for all occasions.
– Spacious terraces for outdoor dining able to accommodate all guests.
– Large 1.50m purpose built BBQ.
– Large saline swimming pool with ample pool side sunbathing.
Masia Notari has 3 indoor event spaces as follows.
The Wine Cellar (Bodega) – 145 m2 of space specifically designed for events (weddings, corporate, retreats and celebrations) and comfortably seating up to 80 guests. This space is air-conditioning and has adjustable lighting settings.
La Sala Conference Room – 60 m2 equipped with smart TV (75 inch screen), Dolby surround-sound system, whiteboard as well as different table & chair set ups for up to 46 participants. Air-conditioning/heating.
Chill-Out Room – 80 m2 multi-purpose meeting room with ping pong table/60 inch Smart TV screen/JBL portable sound system/table & chair setup for up to 56 participants. Air- conditioning/heating.
– Wi-Fi connection
– Saline water outdoor pool – non-chlorinated
– Sun loungers/Shower/Pool-area bathrooms
– Barbecue 1.50 m x 0.40m
– Washing machine
– Iron/Ironing board
– Games room/Ping Pong table
– Multi-purpose room/Chill-out space
– Living room/board games
– Bed linen/towels/pool towels provided
– Unlimited exterior parking
– seating for 30 guests
– 2 Gas stoves (8 burners)
– 1 Combi Fridge/Freezer
– 3 Fridges
– 1 Freezer
– Drinking water fountain (optional extra)
– Industrial dishwasher
– 2 Conventional ovens
– 2 Microwaves
– 2 Filter coffee makers
– 2 Nespresso capsule coffee makers
– 2 Toasters
– 1 Hand-blender
– 1 Kettle
– Wood-burning stove
– Cooking utensils
GARDENS & OUTSIDE SPACES
The grounds at Masia Notari are there to be explored and enjoyed by guests. There are many cosy nooks and crannies to discover where you can just relax or disconnect with a book or maybe enjoy a drink and a chat.
However, the centrepiece of the outside space has to be the magnificent 16m x 4m saline swimming pool. After a swim you can sunbathe on one of the plentiful sun loungers that surround the pool or simply relax under a parasol. Parents with small children can switch off and relax as the pool is enclosed with railings for extra safety.
The property has a number of spaces at its disposition where large groups can comfortably dine and socialise together. The main porch, which is situated next to the swimming pool is fully furnished and is an ideal place to enjoy an alfresco breakfast, lunch or dinner. There are other terraces and corners around the property with comfy seating to enjoy.
THINGS TO DO
There are so many ways to enjoy the days and nights at Masia Notari but you’ll find so much to experience and enjoy in the local area if you can drag yourself away.
The bustling seaside town of Vilanova i la Geltru with it’s sandy beaches, old town and shopping areas is just a 5-minute drive away. The highly popular resort of Sitges is a 10-minute drive and it has just about everything you need on a holiday: sandy beaches, cool bars, quality restaurants, fashionable boutiques, festivals, fireworks, culture, nightlife and élan.
Within a short distance from the masia, you will find an 18-hole Pitch & Putt golf course, indoor climbing centre, multi-screen cinema, squash and padel courts, e-bike renting as well as a beautiful bodega/winery that can be reached by a 20 min walk through the vineyards to experience a unique wine tasting.
Within a 10 min walk towards town, you will find a shopping mall with restaurants, supermarket and a 24h gym.
Why not visit a local winery such as Torres, Finca Viladellops or Torre del Veguer? The legendary Cava Houses of Freixenet and Cordoniu are not too far away and offer fascinating and insightful tours.
The wonderful cosmopolitan city of Barcelona with its world-class attractions is a 40-minute drive and can also be easily reached by train or bus.
For those looking for more energetic distractions the nearby Mediterranean coast with its golden sandy beaches and numerous marinas offers unlimited opportunities for water based sports and boat rentals. The house is also close to the Garraf Natural Park providing hundreds of kilometres of fantastic hiking, mountain bike and horse riding trails right on your doorstep. There is a tennis club close by and several good golf courses in the area.
There is a choice of theme parks and attractions within an hour or so drive including Port Aventura, one of the biggest in Europe.
– Masia Notari is wheelchair accessible and suitable for the elderly.
– Pets are considered on request.
– A car is recommended.
– Barcelona airport 35 mins / Reus airport 40 mins / Girona airport 80 mins
– C32 motorway 2 mins
– Train/Bus station 5 mins
– Nearest beaches 5 mins
– PortAventura theme park 50 mins
– French border 2.5 hours
– Nearest ski resort 2.5 hours